If you have a long face and are looking for a new haircut, don't go ahead till you have read this article. After reading this article, you will be well equipped with information on what suits you best and what an absolute no-no for your face shape is.
Here we list some tips and haircut suggestions you should carefully go through and follow before having your hair cut:
1. Keep in mind that you need to create width on the sides of your face to minimize the oblong look that you currently have. You need to choose hair cuts which add volume to the sides and stay away from those that create volume over the head making your face seem longer than it already is.
2. Bangs are the easiest way to achieve a balanced look for a long face. Long, side swept bangs will quickly and easily make your face look much less longer and add instant style quotient.
3. Get your hair cut to chin-length. This creates an illusion of width on your face. Chin-length bobs look smart and stylish and are a good option if you are not averse to having a short haircut.
4. Medium or long hair can be treated with curls or waves to add volume. Avoid curls in short layered hair as it will create volume on the top of your head instead of the on the sides and will not give you the desired look.
5. Layered hairstyles are a must if you intend to keep your hair in medium or long lengths. Straight long hair will make your face seem more oblong.
6. 'U' or 'V' shaped haircuts will help in giving width at the sides and hiding away all the length of the hair at the back.
7. In general, try to stay away from very short or very long hair and stay with medium and long-medium hair length.